Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CISCO ASA LOSING ARP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITBB

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2010
BA
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with a connection to a server located in another network. About 10 users in my LAN use the application on the local computer through which they connects to that server. For two years everything works as it should, however, lately it often happens that the connection to the server permanently lost. Then on the Cisco ASA I do "clear ARP" command and connection is again OK for awhile. Is there any other solution to do since I think that ASA losing ARP? I also try with static ARP but without success. How to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance

is the server plugged directly in the ASA? bad cable? bad port? show interface, are there any errors on port?

Thanks for reply,

As I said everything works fine for 2 years - there is no IP address conflict, no bad cable as well as no errors on port. Server is connected over 100BASE-FX (with media converter on booth sides) - checked works 100%

When you cannot communicate with the host, look at the arp table and write down it's mac address. Clear the arp table and verify that it's the same mac address.

baddos,

I try taht but without success. I also try to specify the IP and MAC address combination to add a static entry to the device ARP cache, but as I said without success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back