Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco asa 5505 simple admin help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antste

Programmer
Nov 16, 2011
GB
Hello All

Our network manager has uped sticks and left , leaving me temporarily in the lurch. We have a draytek router that goes to the Cisco asa 5505 box that controls our VPN access. Our remote users have a cisco VPN app that they input the IP address and their password and they get connected.

From our server i can put in an IP address to get to the draytek router admin console/page but is there the same thing for the cisco box or is there some sort of admin app. I have been asked to change the vpn access password and nobody knows how. Please help

Many thanks in advance

Just an update. I have done some more research and found that by default thr ASDM option should be avaliable by using the default url When i try this i get the error 404 not found message so i am assuming that default IP has been changed. Any idea how to find the correct IP would be a start i think

Thanks

so you dont know the asa's IP address?
do you know the ip address of the interface of your router that is connected to the ASA? if so, then the IP address of the ASA should be in the same subnet and most would put it as the next one up ,
ie if its 10.10.10.1 then the other side (ASA would be 10.10.10.2) ...
but you can use something like netmap to scan that range and see what is alive w/in that range...

also you can connect to the consol port of the ASA and try to see what ip address is assigned to it ...

on a diff note search your server for SDM .. that might have the pre-saved settings of what the IP address of your ASA is ... (assuming you are lucky)

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

Another option would be to look draytek router and see what IP address is set for your default route or the mac-address table address table on your egress interface of your router and match that up to your ARP table for the IP address.

Chaps

Many many thanks for help so far, you have been fantastic. Managed to get IP address and got ASDM installed etc. Just need to find/figure out user name and password now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back