Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Aironet 340 Card in a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtaylor

Technical User
Dec 8, 2000
US
Has anyone successfully got a Cisco Aironet 340 (PCS4800) Wireless card to work in a laptop? if so what are the procedures?

Thank you for your support..

We have PCMCIA cards working in lap tops, which card are you asking about?

Yes, have had PC4800 and LC4800 and PCS340 (only Cisco load package) working in the same laptop.( one at a time)
Co-resident with a ethernet NIC card NO.
WDNGS or similar spelling Aironet software util package say V4.09 has install problems, loses its way but workable.

I currently have a 340 in my Jornada...and we have several more in lap tops...is there something further we can help with?

Complete install instructions based on the O/S for the laptop are available online at .

Key issues are going to be the NDIS driver installed and matching it with the proper Utility version for the card's radio firmware.

I would also suggest that you check out the ACU utilities (replaced the WNDGS util. about 11 months ago).

The current firmware and utilities are also downloadable from Cisco (if you do not have the CD's that ship with the cards).

One possible problem is a problem with the CardBus driver
that is installed. I had just such a problem with a Dell
Latitude under Win2k.

The workaround is to use device manager to "upgrade" the
driver from what is currently in use, to the "Generic
CardBus Controller" driver that is offered as a compatible
alternative.

The Cisco card then worked fine.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search