Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 837 won't reload Startup-Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattie29

Technical User
May 28, 2003
ZA
Any ideas fellas, when I configure this switch I do a 'copy run start' but whenever it reboots I get the prompt:

Router> Would you like to enter auto-configuration mode?

If I do a shi start, my config is ther, it just won't load, strange one, any help much appreciated.

Cheers

The config register is probably set to password recovery. Answer no and then get into enable mode. Type show ver and look for 0x2142. If this exists of something other than 0x2102 get into config mode and change the config register 0x2102. You should see a message that says your config register will be the new setting on next reload. Make sure to not save or you will wipe stored config.

Or you could just get in enable mode and type copy start run. get into enable mode and change the config register and write changes. On next reload should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back