Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 837: doesnt save its settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrother

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
NL
I got an cisco 837 here and im trying to configure it but everytime i try to save settings in the CRWS it takes ages before it finally finishes and when it does it doesnt save them for a next reboot of the router.

tried to reset it to the original factory settings, wasnt the solution.

Does anyone of you know what might be the problem, or does any of you encountered the problem once?

used the search function but didnt give me a result on this problem.

copy run start?
config register?

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

If you do a 'sh ver' the config register should be 0x2102.

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

Did that, not the answer. It responds to everything but when i adjust something it doesnt save the adjustments.

and the version is 0x2102

When it reboots, does it go back to the default config? Does a 'sh atart' show the changes that you have made or the default config?

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

yes it goes back into the "standard" config from before i tried to change it.

So when you have made configuration changes, what does a 'sh start' show, the changed config or the original config. I presume that you are doing a 'copy run start'?

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

it shows the original config, and yes i did use the copy run start.

No idea then! When you do a 'copy run start' does it give you any error message?

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

no error message appears, sometimes it takes ages for it finishes the "saving settings". the progress bar restarts a couple of times. where it normally the bar has to fill up once, and not time after time.

Ah, so you haven't used 'copy run start' at the command line then? You are just using the web front end.

It sounds like the front end isn't actually performing a 'copy run start' on the box.

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

no i did use the "copy run start", like i said.

its hard to explain the problem (english isnt my native language).

Try doing that then.

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

nvram busted? You could try a 'copy run flash' and see if it saves to flash, copy from flash to workaround for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back