Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 7961 - Adding more than 2 DNs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertbarrett

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2015
US
When I go into CCM (Cisco Call Manager) I can only add two DNs to this phone. The hardware allows for 6. I cannot copy it from another phone because we do not have another 7961 previously set up. When I select "Modify Button Items" I cannot see anywhere to add another DN ...

On the right hand side it should say Add DN 3.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

SOLUTION:
Any DNs on the phone must have an extension before adding more numbers. I was attempting to setup this phone with 6 blank DNs for future use.

After the 2 DNs on the phone had extensions assigned to them "Add DN 3" became an available option

Clicking the Add DN link creates a custom phone button template for that phone. If you do a lot of phones like this, it will become a bit messy. Instead under the Device menu, then Device Settings, select Phone Button Template. Find the one for a Standard 7961 and copy it (don't modify the current one as this will change all current phones with that template specified). Once you name it, you can specify which each of the buttons do (DN, speed dial, service..).

Now on the phone you need to update, assign it the new phone button template and click Save. It will then show the appropriate number of DNs on the left side to be configured.

On the right side select phone button template and change it to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back