Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 7921 Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCSCB

Technical User
Jun 24, 2004
GB
Hello to all ,
I Have 2 7921's to trial,

How do you add the Corporate directory to the phone !!!

We have the usual Placed,missed and recieved.

When you select the Sevices icon . it give's url not configured.

Am I missingg something here, am I looking too deep !!!

Also when you connect to the phone settings using IE some of the settings ask for a User name and password.

Any Ideas what these are. We havent set them up for passwords so Im guessing its the default

Cheers

I think you can configure these using the Services configurations in CCM, then you can specify each phone to receive / register to each service, also in CCM.

Hello, This is not in direct relation with waht this thread is about but I am lost on where to go for info. I have aquired a Cisco 7921g And it is brand new out of the box. This is the first wirless I have ever delt with and I cant figure out how to change the profile so I can get it connected to our network. Every time I go to change it on the phone it says(Settings Locked!) So I have even done a factory reset on the phone and still the same message. So basicaly my question is, how do I perform a first set up?
Thanks in advance
Kristen

OK, I finaly found the answer on google. **#
I have a very difficult road ahead of me because I am going to be using this device with Asterisk to convert from SCCP to SIP and then use it with a voip provider. I am as well in the same boat as far as pulling up the web page. I have read that it should accept Cisco Cisco but that did not work. Does anyone have a datr when Cisco is going to release the SIP fimware for the 7921? When Cisco first released the phone they said it was in the road map.
Thnaks

Net women

on the config page for the device there is a field "product specific configuration" where you set web acess to full
then you browse to 192.161.1.100 and logon

username admin
pswd Cisco you open a profile and program according to your acess points.....

also make sure you have the 7921 phone load up loaded to your server....we are using 1.0.4

Soleman52
(You are the MAN!)
Thank you very much!
I hope you dont get agervated with me because of my lack of knowledge, but what do I need as far as TFTP? I keep hearing about a tar file and firmware that you can set your config in. Is this so? And if it is, where can I get a hold of it at?
I have a service contract with Cisco but its for our switches. I browsed around on the site and at least with my log in, I could not find any such file.
Thanks in advance

Hi Vampirej,

I have done that but to no avail... I have stipulated the directories on CCM page for the phone as show on all the other phones ( 7940's 7960's etc ) These must be configured elsewhere, but i cannot find out where

It doesnt upload them for some reason, so just get URL not configured.

I have noticed that we have no Bin file on the device default on the CCM , when i check the TFTP Folder all we have is 7921.load all the rest are .bins ....

Could this have something to do with it ??

Cheers

BCB

Is this a default

Hi Soleman.....

No nothing in any of the Sub directories.

Ive tried to input them on the CCM but doesnt show on the phone

Hi,

First we sell SMARTnet so I may be biased.

But a contract for a 7921 will cost you around 30 USD, for this you get to call the Cisco TAC with questions 24 hours a day, you can get access to the latest software versions, and access to the Cisco Knowledge base, plus if your 'phone breaks Cisco will replace it.

Obviously its a bargain!

This part number will help: CON-SNT-CP7921

Jon Burgess

I have upgraded the CCM This weekend,

We had a few problems, disk on the pub was corrupted, so had to rebuild. It now works fine all the directories and servives are there as they should be.

So it was a corrupt disk causing all the problems

Thanks for all your help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back