Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 4006 12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2003
US
Ok, I'm a total newbie to the Cisco CLI.
I have a ws-x4515 SUP IV in a 4006. I purchased this just to try and learn commands and concepts.

All I'm trying to do is rate-limit an interface. I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out. I see example after example using the "rate-limit" command. Problem is, this is not an available command, why? I read I must enable CEF to use CAR, I enabled it and it still isn't an option.

Can someone please walk me through this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I solved this through a policy map. I still would like to know why rate-limit is not available.

I have another question now. How do I get the tar for web configuration? I've looked all over cisco's site for the ciscoview device tar. I can get the IOS but that ciscoview isn't to be found.

Am I looking for the wrong thing or do I need to do something else. I'm trying to manage this through CNA and I assume this is the reason it says I can't add the 4006 to my community.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back