Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 3640 CSU/DSU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioX

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2001
US
I have a cisco 3640 with a 2 wan port FastEthernet module and a wict1 card in it. I have assigned the card an ip address. On my other end I have a cisco 1720 with the same card in it assigned an IP address.

SO here is an example

Cisco3640 t1 CSU/DSU
ip address 10.10.10.1/30

Cisco1720 T1 CSU/DSU
ip address 10.10.10.2/30

OK....Now I can ping the 1720 interface and I can ping the ethernet interface on the 1720 but I cannot ping my own interface in my 3640 from inside the router. I can ping it from my lan or the other router but I cannot ping it in my own router.
Any help or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

First make sure there is not any access-list on the router that prevent you from pinging it. second try bouncing the interface. also what type responde do you get when you ping it? is it ...... or uuuuuu

There are no access-lists on the router and I bounced the interface and I am getting all ..... when I ping it. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back