Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 3620 router + password

Status
Not open for further replies.

htin11

Programmer
Dec 14, 2000
US
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Cisco routers, i have recently received a cisco 3620 router and it was used for a private link from this building to another building. (t1 link). Now that the link is not used anymore, and the t1 link being cancel. I taken the router and was wondering if i can use it as a private router for a cable line.

First thing first, i haven't power up the router yet since i moved it to my place. So if there was a password, how would i get around that. I heard from someone saying that you can connect it thru the serial port (yeah the router have that cable you can hook up to) And you can use hyperterminal to access the router. I Know there is two passwrod to get into the router. A Enable Passwrod and a regular password. If there is a enable password lock on it, how would i go remove it? Also how would i download the image to my pc? Or how would someone update the IOS? Any helpful link would be helpful on how to learn the router.

Thanks,
Hui

Try going to and do a search for password recovery. (It's the most commonly searched issue on Cisco's web site) It should give you all the information your looking for.

Console cable, not serial. DB9 connector & Hyperterminal....your all set.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back