Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 3000 Concentrator to Cisco PIX LAN-toLAN VPN help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucksel

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2002
US
I am trying to set up a LAN-to-LAN connection between a Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator and a PIX 501 firewall. When looking at the Live Event Log on the 3000 Concentrator I get the message:

43618 09/04/2003 16:15:55.370 SEV=4 BMGT/29 RPT=10
Attempting to specify an Aggregate Group reservation [ 961150977 bps ] on Group [ 67.118.XXX.114 ] Interface [ 2 ] which is outside the range of a minimum of [8000 bps ] to a maximum of [ 100000000 bps ] (note: the true max is dependant up on the interface link rate to which the group is applied).

Doing a Google search on "Attempting to specify an Aggregate Group reservation" I came up with this:

On a VPN 3000 Concentrator running Release 3.6 code, a bandwidth management policy is created and applied to a group reserving some portion of the link bandwidth using an aggregate reservation. If this reservation is then changed, the previous committed bandwidth is not freed up first when calculating whether enough bandwidth is available for use.

So, if 600 kbps is reserved from a link of 1544 kbps to start with, and this is then modified to reserve 1000 kbps, an error is generated and the modification is refused. The error shown is as follows:

83 11/27/2000 16:30:44.620 SEV=4 BMGT/31 RPT=7

Attempting to specify an Aggregate Group reservation [ 1000000 bps ] on Group [ ADC ] Interface [ 1 ] which added to the current reservation of the interface [ 600000 bps ] exceeds the link rate [ 1544000 bps ] to which it is being applied.

No bandwidth is reserved by any other policy.

Workaround:

Remove the aggregate reservation from the group first, and then to apply the new setting.
--------------------------------------
I checked the entire 3000 config and no bandwidth policies are in place.

Any ideas?

Thanks as always,
Chuck

Have you found an answer for this? I'm working on one right now and getting the same error.

No. I have not. I have been so busy with other projects, that this is one "the back burner". This is my own PIX to our concentrator at work so this is a low priority.

Keep in touch with me. Whoever solves it first tells the other, okay?

Chuck

Thanks as always,
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back