Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2950sx - 24 Fiber Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2003
US
I have 2 Cisco 2950sx - 24 with the two optional gigabit ports. I have Bell south Metro-Ethernet 2 coming into the Gi0/1 and the port is set speed auto duplex auto. on the other switch i have the option for speed set to 1000 and duplex set to full.

Here is my problem. On the first Switch, Speed and Duplex is not an option when you do a ? from the Gi0/1 or the Gi0/2 How do i bring these options back so that i can manually set the speed and duplex on the fist cisco switch.

thank you
Dan

Speed and duplex settings on a 1000bSX link don't really work. You may be able to set them on an interface but they really don't do anything. All 1000bSX ports are going to be 1000Mb/s and full duplex (due to the nature of fiber).

You should be able to update the IOS of both switches to get the commands to match.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back