Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2950 CMS and 1900

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash4000

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
IN
I have several 1900s uplinking via their 100meg port to a Cisco 2950T . The 2950T acts as the command switch with others as member of the cluster. All have ips . What I see in the CMS is the 1900s show up asunknown device . I cant do much with that, their ports dont show neither can do anything with them.

Please let me know how i can get them to show their ports etc in the graphical CMS, device type shows as "unknown" in CMS

Please, take a look at the following documentation:

I found the following information in this documentation:

These switches do not support CMS access modes:
Catalyst 1900 and Catalyst 2820
Catalyst 2900 XL switches with 4-MB CPU DRAM
If these switches are in a cluster that is using CMS access levels, these switches appear as unavailable devices and cannot be configured from CMS.

Well i dont have access levels other than the default single "15" access level so im still wondering why they show up as unknown (not unavailable devices) . I mean I can see a device connected but its "unknown device" , the hostname, mac address detected but ip is not , furthermore the ports etc do not show up either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back