Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2950 & 2960 with Zhone 2040G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleuvert

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
CA
Hi,
i recently connect two switch 2950 and 2960 with two zhone 2040G SHDSL nerwork extender ( 2.3 Mbps x 4 = 9.2 Mbps ). I have a lot of problem with this connection. The 2 switchs was configure to communicate as trunking dot1q, and each one was connect to an Zhone ( paradyne ) SNE2040G between us. I have 20 PC connect to the end of the line switch (2960) and the trunking port FA0/24 link to the modem blink green-amber-green-amber-... a lot of the time, a sign of a link fault. Any difference between SNE2040G provider and subscriber unit??? i see different sticker on the the two boxes, but a did'nt see any difference between the unit. Please thank's for your precious help.

Bleuvert

I'd recommend checking the logs on your 2950, 2960 and the Zhones to see if there is any indication of an issue on the uplink ports to the Zhone devices. Do you need to trunk between the Zhone and the Cisco switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back