Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2800 Series can't login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baze72

Programmer
Oct 18, 2018
US
Hello All -
I am trying to login to update some phones. I am using the link Username root and using the password I have used in the past. Nothing has changed and I have never had any issues.
I am now getting a message: level_15 or view_access and it wont let me login. I have also received this message: is requesting your username and password. The site says: “its_access”.

Thanks,
Baze

How do you normally log into the router? Is it set for "login local", TACACS, what?

If you can't beat 'em, try, try again!

That is logging into the telephony web GUI. I mean the router, like ssh access---can you login to the router via ssh? If so, if you posted a scrubbed config, that would def help.

Also, another thought...any recent java updates? Have you tried a different browser?

Sorry for the ignorance on my end. I am a SQL programmer and not very up on cisco. No updates that I am aware of and I am the only one to get into this phone system to make changes. I have tried Chrome, IE and firefox all with no luck. I have once (a while ago) logged in via the console. I have also tried to telnet and could not get past the password. Any specifics that you could help me with would be much appreciated.

So I am able to connect via the console and putty. I get a prompt PBX_System. Not sure what to do from here

show run
but scrub your IP addresses, etc
we'll start from there

normally, it would be
ip http authentication local
and you would use the same username and pw that you used to ssh, assuming you're not using TACACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back