Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2610 - can't use "disconnect"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2000
GB
Hi,
I've been trying to configure a Cisco 2610 to connect to an ISP via ISDN. I now have the router working/connecting authenticating etc. via the terminal interface (not connected it to the network yet) but I find that once I connect (just by initiating a ping to an ip address) I can't use DISCONNECT to drop the call. I have to use the clear BRI 0/0 command to drop it. Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working ? Although the router is connected a show connection command shows it's not! Presumably that's why disconnect doesn't work. But what can I do to rectify this ? [sig][/sig]

In an ISP senario I would imagine that you want to set the idle timeout to rip down the connection on inactivity.

I am not sure but, I think that you are probably confusion terminal connections and IP connections. (Or I may be!)

I must admit that I normally use the cle int bri?/? command if I want to force down a link but, let the idle timers rip down the line in normal operation!

True. I have my idle timer set at 300, so it will of course stay connected for 5 minutes. I guess I could try just reducing the timeout to something more manageable for the moment. I just wanted to disconnect manually. Clearing the interface does drop the line but it doesn't clear all the interface protocols, so the line drops then the BRI goes up again. I then have to wait for it to drop again before initiating another test. However, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back