Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2600 startup config apparently does not load --please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebula72

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
US
Hi,

Have two 2600's. 2 fast ethernet ports on each; gave ip addresses to the ports followed by the no shutdown command,then performed a "copy run start". performed a show start and show run to verify configuration. upon reload, the running config shows the interfaces no ip addresses. the only way around this is to perform a "copy start run" followed by a "no shutdown" command for each interface after every startup.. this happens on both of my routers running IOS 11.3. Please help..

TOM

Tom-

a couple of things come to mind.. try the older command of WRI MEM and see if that takes.. also, are the E0/0 and E0/1 connected to something right now? If not, try adding NO KEEP ALIVE to bring up the E ports without anything on the end. Then save it..

Also.. make sure you have the right code for the router.. I've seen incorrect 2600 code loaded and it will cause problems.

Let us know what happens

Mike S
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

there are cables attached to the router which leads to a 2900 switch.. have already tried the write mem command. which leaves the code.. what do you mean by code.. is this the IOS?? please explain.. Although i passed my CCNA exam this past week, i am very new to this stuff an am slightly ignorant.. thanks

Code=IOS.. there are two flavors of IOS for the 2600s

2610-2613 is one version and 2610-2651 is another version. The 2650/51 are a completely different breed ;-)

Which 2600 are you using?

Mike S
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

I would look at upgrading the IOS !!! The image to say
12.1 release 2. it appears from the cisco site that this can be used on the 2610-2621 and the 2650-2651. ( unless I am looking at it wrong )but I think its correct. J.Fisher CCNA
Jeter@LasVegas.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back