Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 2600 router crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

colet

Programmer
Nov 1, 2013
US
I made a guest wireless network with a linksys wrt54g connected to our wired network via a cisco 2600 router. It's been working great for years until yesterday when the cisco router began restarting at random intervals all day.

I replaced the power supply with a spare and no change. I disconnected the linksys and the cisco has been up ever since.

Could malformed packets from the linksys be crashing the cisco? I'm leaving the linksys disconnected for the weekend. Might connect some other device to the linksys' interface on the cisco. If it crashes again, maybe I can blame the interface card.

Has anyone heard of this? Thanks for any tips.

I wouls suspect something like faulty ram . You would have to look at the crash files and run it thru the cisco analyzer if you have access to cisco's support page.

Thanks for the advice, vipergg. The router has been up since I last powered it on without the wireless router attached. I reset the linksys to factory defaults and reconnected it to the cisco this morning. Still no restarts. If the cisco crashes again, I'll check the memory.

post a sh flash...or better yet, do a more on the crashfile in flash

ip access-list extended IP-Options-and-Powerball
deny ip any any winning-powerball-ticket
permit ip any any option any-options
!
class-map ACL-Options-and-Powerball
match access-group name IP-Options-and-Powerball
!
policy-map CoPP-POLICY
class ACL-Options-and-Powerball
drop
!
control-plane
service-policy input CoPP-POLICY

Quick follow up: It turned out to be a bad fast ethernet card in the cisco 2600. I had plugged another device into the interface and the cisco began crashing again. Got a replacement on ebay for $30 and all is well. Thanks for all the feed back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back