Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 2600 and new T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberNatas

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2001
US
Hello!
I have a current T1 line connected to a 2600. We got a new T1 due to the 50% decrease in monthly fee. The company does not supply anyone to configure the router. Any suggestions where I should start? I know how to log in :) That's about it. I am good with figuring stuff out pretty fast, but looking through all these manauals I thought I would start with this forum...any links? tutorials???

Thanks in advance

Is this a point to point T1, or a Frame-Relay circuit?
what is the circuit used for?
Do you plan on load balancing the 2 circuits? Jeter@LasVegas.com
Fisher CCNA
Sprint-Data

Thanks for the replies, I don't know enough to answer, all I know it's a new T1 to replace our exsiting one. I know I don't play to load balance, there are 12 people here behind it :) Looks like I am going to find a consultant :)

thanks again

Hello,

If you are running a dedicated T1 to your 2600's Cisco, you will have to make sure your lmi type, encaps and linecode match your ISP's.

Example:
lmi type ansi
encaps frame-relay (or ppp, or frame-relay IETF)
linecode B8ZS

Not much, I know, but something to help a bit when you talk to tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back