Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 2500 flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3725

Technical User
Dec 29, 2002
US
When I do a show ver the flash says read only
Even though I save my runn-config to startup-config when I reboot the router I have lost my config
What is the read-only flash about?

The flash is where that IOS is stored. The configuration is stored in NVRAM. On the 2500's the IOS is run from the flash, thus it is marked Read-Only. If you are saving your running-config to startup-config and a reboot loses the configuration, then you may have a problem with your NVRAM. Todd Hethmon
thethmon@hethmon.com

i have experienced this before with a 2500 series router.. i didn't have the time to troubleshoot, so i just replaced it with a 2620.. but i know 2500's are notorious for this problem...

good luck..

When you do a sh ver, the last line will give you the configuration register. The config register should be 0x2102 to read from flash. If it is different go into global config mode and add the line

config-reg 0x2102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back