Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cisco 1841

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipothos

Technical User
Mar 7, 2007
GR
i have a cisco router 1841. Whenever occurs power failure...the router doesnt restart normally
it "stays" in rommon level and i have to restart it by myself...

is there any way to restart normally without my help?

Hello
Try using the (boot system flash "file name")command.Also post a "show ver",so that we can see your config-register settings.
Regards

i have some cisco routers 1841 in different buildings than i am...

can i do this procedure remotely....???

i mean if my remote router occur a power failure , can i reboot it normally having a telnet access for a example?

If the router boot into Rom monitor,you wouldn't be able to telnet them.Telnet is allowed under normal operation.
Regards

so, there is a disadvantage of cisco 1841 .....on remote administration issues....

am i wrong?

NO!If you think about it it's quite normal that the router can't be administered in remote from rom monitor.This mode is like Windows safe mode.A subset of the IOS is loaded.So you wouldn't have any configuration on the router.No ip address,telnet entries,etc.
Regards

Just type the following commands:

conf t

config-register 0x2102

ctrl-z

write mem

It should boot up normally after that.

all routers are going to act pretty similar to this 1841 when they are in rommon.. its a very minimal subset of commands that are meant to allow you to put the proper software onto the router.. it isn't meant to function as a router at that stage though.

i agree with the above that your config-register settings are likely incorrect..

if you do a "sho ver" youll likely see that it is no 0x2102

if that is not the case then possibly you have a boot statement pointing to a corrupt ios image?

connect a console cable to some type of modem device to get remote access to the console port of your router. This should give you the ability to do what you need to remotly.

this sounds good to me.....

i guess that the modem should have a suitable port for the console cable....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back