Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1760 with t1 drop and Insert card

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe123

MIS
Feb 26, 2004
US
I have a Cisco 1760 on a point-to-point circuit. I would like to take four channels out of the T1 and connect it to the my PBX. I purchase the VWIC t1 drop and insert card and install the card on both 1760. The data came up but I cannot pass any voice on the drop channels. I have tried to upgrade the IOS to IPVOXplus but then the data went down. If anyone has done this design before. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

I assume you have the VWIC-2MFT-E1-DI or VWIC-2MFT-G703 module? You need to specify the timeslots you want to use for data and the ones you want to Drop & Insert from the PABX Connection:

controller E1 0/0
description Link to 2Mbps Circuit
clock source internal -------
channel-group 0 timeslots 9-15 ---this is the data allocation
tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-8,16 ---this is the voice
!
!
controller E1 0/1
description Link to PABX
framing NO-CRC4
tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-8,16
!
connect VOICE E1 0/0 1 E1 0/1 1 --- this does the D&I
!
interface serial 0/0:0
description Channel Group Serial interface
ip address etc etc.

You need to be careful you get the clocking correct as it is likely your PABX will be providing the clock. In the above config Controller E0/1 is providing the clock (default command not shown). The command clock source internal on controller E1 0/0 actually uses the clock received by the other controller.

Good luck

Andy

Andy, The card is VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI=. I have it configure like you said but is not working. The data work but the drop and insert does not. The IOS that the 1760 is running is IP base. I then try to upgrade to IPVOXPLUS then the data did not come up.

Thanks,
Jose'

The configuration sample I posted was of a configuration I set up for a customer and it worked for me. Does the Voice work if you connect the PABX's directly to the circuit? Have you set the number of timeslots correctly on the PABX's? Have you made sure the signalling channel is passed (Timeslot 16 - or 15 if you count from 0)?

Andy

Andy, This is T1. The way I have it configure I have channels 1-20 for data and channels 21-24 for voice. When the T1 circuit was place direct to the phone system it work with no problem. What is the IOS you are running on the router?

Thanks,
Jose'

Are you running T1 CAS or PRI over the PBX link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back