Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1720 - Quick config questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspsub

Programmer
Oct 14, 2000
US
1) Our router says that it is configured for a fractional T1, but we have full T1. I do not see any problems with throughput...appears to be wide open (full t1. I used ConfigMaker to configure the router. Might there be something wrong is this "normal"?

2) We had to replace a defective router and the one we received has a newer IOS version than the one shipped on the CD with the original router. I need to install the firewall option pack, but I am worried that it will downgrade our IOS or cause problems with the router. Do I need to get a new FW feature pack or can I use the old one.

3) Is there a place I can go to get ideas on fow to lock down our router (security wise)

(sorry for the lack of versions, but I am not at the office at this time)

Many thanks,

Mark

From my experience if a router is setup for a frac T1 and you have a full T1 (24 timeslots) then it would not link up. Do you have an internal CSU or an External CSU?

Try this link (requires a CCO account)

Do a show tech-support and copy paste the results into the dialog box. There are many helpful links and suggestions that it will give you. Use the ones that apply to your specific application.

I hope this helps at little.

Thanks....hope I can finds someone with CCO access.

mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back