Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1601R

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpu

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me if there are any issues with a 1601R Router configured for a full T-1. I have a remote office with about 10-15 users that we are upgrading to a full T. They have a 1601 router running on a frac T out there & I am hoping not to have to buy new equipment.

Cisco 1600 series routers connect small offices with Ethernet LANs to the Internet and to company intranets using several wide-area-network (WAN) technologies: Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN), asynchronous serial, and synchronous serial such as Frame Relay, leased lines, Switched 56, Switched Multimegabit Data Service (SMDS), and X.25.

However I recommend that you get these guys to upgrade because This product has reached end-of-sale or end-of-life status; it cannot be ordered and may no longer be supported by Cisco.

Another problem with the 1600 series is the 10 half-duplex ethernet interface. You can get a 1700 series with a fast ethernet port pretty reasonable. 1700 series uses the same T1 and serial cards as the 1600 series. Make sure you get one with enough flash for the IOS you want to run and enought memory to support it.

You might even be able to talk your service provider into giving you a T1 router as part of the deal......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back