Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1231B/G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2003
US
Ok... I feel like an idiot, but I've put a Cisco 1231 access point into bridge mode - and I can't get it out. I've got console - but it's somehow stuck in bridge mode. I can't find squat on cisco's web-site other than the manual which speaks nothing of disabling the bridge! Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
Chris

Hey,

You could always reset to factory settings???

Brett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NSW, Australia
(Unless you want to pay for our trip?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the input - but it didn't help. I've got a 1200 series - and the link was for a 1300 series - I'm specifically missing the ap-root option. Anyway, I have looked at the manuals - and is says to to a no station-role root - but it reponds with a cannot delete. The mode button (I thought it was a reset button too, but it actually seems to be a reset back to a TFTP binary download of the IOS code - and it would THEN take you back to the original set screen. The thing I wonder about is can I copy out the IOS binary so I can make it available for download from a TFTP server?
Thanks for the input,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back