Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 1211 installing HWIC card - not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmabob

Technical User
Aug 4, 2004
GB
Hello,

This is my first time installing a HWIC-1FE card into one of the spare slots on my Router (Cisco 1211). Now am I correct in saying that I need only power down the router, slide in the card and power the router back on and I will see the Fast Ethernet interface in the Cisco config?

The problem is that the FE1 card has solid green LED on all of its status lights, and when I go into the config and show interfaces it only shows the current 2 FE interface (internal and external).

Is there something in config that I need to do to see the new card?

Thanks in advance for any help or previous experience that anyone has had for HWIC cards.

I have the same problem installing HWIC-1FE in a 2811. I have tried all 4 slots. All leds on the WIC come on when router is powered up and stay on solid green even without the network cable connected.

Thanks!

Solution found...

It was an IOS incompatibility. I have updraded the IOS to a more recent version and it works fine.

The router shipped with something like 12.4.3 and I upgraded to 12.4.15 and it works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back