Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIS 6 Softphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelatman

Technical User
Dec 21, 2010
GB
Hey folks,

Got a customer who's using the CUS soft phones and has a weird issue.

Basically they use the soft phones instead of using actual physical sets, they use the built in(?) recording feature by dialling a code on their soft keypads during a call. The customer is trying to program these codes as speed dials into the soft phone profile on his PC (part of the applications?). When he tries to use them nothing happens. If he tries to dial these speed dials when not on a call he gets invalid.

Now my interpretation is that the codes he dials whilst on a call are part of the CIS soft phone app, they don't exist on the MCD as FAC, as they don't exist as FAC, when he tries to dial the. As speed duals they're trying to use the FAC or speed calls on the MCD.

I'm thinking he could use shortcut keys (presumably hosted on his PC/app) rather than the speed dials which are looking to the MCD?

Any thoughts?

Ok, so update.....

The issue appears to be:

Users have the contact centre softphone. Whilst on a call they can open the keypad and dial the codes which access a 3rd party recording system. WHat they are trying to do, is program these codes as Speed dials on the softphone configuration tab. When programmed, and on a call, thee buttons do nothing. SO I guess my question is, can these soft speed dials work whilst on a call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back