Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cirix Icons go way !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoIT

MIS
Aug 29, 2001
CA
We have unique situation, from client side published aplications' icons get vanished very often. We keep re-publishing applications but its pain on neck. Any anwers ???

You have given us no information about your environment; server OS, Sp levels, ICA client versions, how many servers in your farm and how many published Citrix server farms, etc. However, I will take a long shot here and ask you to look at my post dated 08/09/01 under the title "Servers changing farms from view option !!!!"
Point I'm making here is that if you change the scope of your server (in Published Application Manager) from your Citrix Server Farm to "NT Domain" then it is very possible for your clients to "loose" sight of all applications published on that particular server. If you execute PAM simply look at the title bar and see if it identifies your Citrix Farm by name or your NT Domain. If it is NT Domain then simply change your scope via the "view\Select Scope" option. Refresh your Client. It may take a while for the published apps to show again. I have even seen where a reboot of the server may be required or simply restart the ICA Browser on your Master Browser MF server.

On the other hand, you may simply have a browser issue. Can you isolate the missing icons to a specific MF server?

Please let me know if this gets you anywhere. -- Devil Dog --

DevilDog,
I have a similar problem and I don't think it's the server. In my case, this happens on dial-in users pc's. Not all but a few every now and then. It never happens to the pc's connected via lan/wan. It seems to be a workstaion/client issue. I can't remember, but I though I saw something a while back referencing the local bitmap cache or something.

Any comments or suggections.

thanks in advance

If it only happens to the dial-in users, it looks like a time-out issue (too common with dial-up connections). I'm surprised you have to re-publish the applications, though - do users access them through Application sets in Program Neighborhood?

First check with your ISP that there are no timeout settings that may be adversely affecting your users - this is the most common cause of dial-up users losing connections, and other odd remote behaviours.

Try editing the following keys on the server, if the ISP has no timeouts set;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ParametersTcpMaxDataRetransmissions = 10 (REG_DWORD - if this key doesn't exist, you'll have to manually add it)

If you're already running MetaFrame SP2 or greater, these next keys should already be enabled. With XP, this is built in, but disabled by default. Prior to SP2, you'll have to manually add them (upgrade to SP3, if you can :))

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\IcaEnableKeepAlive = 1 (to enable).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\IcaKeepAliveInterval: (Add a number in seconds - the default is 60)

Also check out Q120642 and Q170359, which may have some bearing on this.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back