Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Circuits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmielbye

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
US
I've got four AT&T PRI's for my long distance into an 81. The company was bought by another who use Sprint for their long distance. I ordered three PRI's through Sprint provisioned exactly the same way the AT&T's are. Can I just disable the four AT&T pipes, unplug them from the CSU's and plug the three Sprint pipes into the CSU's? Of course this would be done after hours.

Thanks in advance. Fred

You should be able to, however you are going from 4 to 3 so you will have to modify the Route to decrease the route members (LD 14) from 95 to 71 if you are controlling all the T1's with a single D-channel or from 92 to 69 if each T1 has it's own D-Channel or from 94 to 70 if you have a back-up D-Channel.

Otherwise, you may have a problem accessing a channel for outgoing calls, depending on how the SRCH is configured in your Route Data BLock - LD 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back