Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Circuit Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4qfp

Technical User
May 14, 2004
US
Could someone tell me the difference between a TN2224B and a TN2224CP? I have installed a 6416D+M on a CP card and the phone works but the head set doesn't. When I status the sta it tells me the administered type is 6416D+M and the connected type is 8410D (the type which was on this port). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The CP is the later greater verson of the 2224. If this was just a set change from 8400 series to 6400 series and is still sees the 8400, you might want to take it completely out and rebuild the translations.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

HI Mike,

I've removed the station and rebuilt it and it still thinks it is an 8410D. Anything other suggestions? Thanks.

Look up the refresh code in your FAC table and look for "Refresh Terminal Parameters Access Code:" option.
Then dial <fac>+station number from another station.
This forces refresh of the parameters on the set.

Rob

Rob,

I tried the refresh and it still thinks it is an 8410D. Anything else I might try? Thanks.

Have you tried another port? See if that makes a differance.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

try this for troubleshooting....

remove the station, reseat the board, status the port.

What level of software do u have in the pbx? newterm or "list conf soft"
Are u using aliasing to use the 6400 series to look like a 8400 series phone cuz your software is too old?

do a "change alias station". If were ever (or currently) on a release of software not supporting the 6416, someone may have added an entry there to tell the PBX that a station administered as 6416 is really an 8410.

-CL

No, my software supports the 6416 - it offers it as a choice, and it's not aliased. I've contacted Avaya and they don't know why it won't work. I'm going to call their programmers today to see if there is anything else they can suggest. Thank you all for all your help and suggestions. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

If u have Avaya contract, have the technician clean out any corruption on that port. If he doesn't know how, have him send a tkt to tier 3 corruption mailbox.

Thanks all for all your help and suggestions. Avaya doesn't really know what is wrong with it. They tried everything I've tried and got nowhere. They are now telling me that I need an upgrade to my software so they've opened a ticket to have a technician load the newest release. I'm not convinced this will help. I have some other 6400 series phones installed and they don't act like this one is acting. It's almost like it is hung up in a state of limbo and can't get out of it. I know this happens in the Siemens switch but normally when you delete and readd the translation, it clears it. Not so in this case. At any rate I do appreciate all of your help.

The station status data is kept in the same area as the TTI info is kept by the system.
what you could try is switch TTI off and on under "system parameters features".
This should re-initialise the status data.

Usually CP are put in machines running MV 10 or better. What is your current release of software? If you have 9.x or less that could be the problem -if you have AVAYA Maintenance a dot release can be loaded as a possible fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back