Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cintech ACD Software version 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

terreneuve

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2009
CA
We have a Nortel MOD ICS and are using Cintech's Cinphony ACD software version 3.7.

The MOD ICS has a PRI Module and we lost the PRI due to a
bad cable pair but once the cable pair was fixed the PRI is up OK but no luck with the ACD.

All of a sudden today the ACD crashed and when we tried to reboot the system all we got was a message "operating system not found".

Does anyone have any idea what may have happened to the ACD?

And more importantly any ideas on how to fix it!!

Thanks for your help!

John

John,
Is the ACD running on the same Norstar Applications Module (NAM) as the voice mail app? My first guess based on the error message is that you lost the hard drive. That's a tough one. Nortel manufacturer discontinued NAM's and Cintech ACD's years ago.

Hard drive is what I was thinking too.

The voice mail we were using is Flashtalk but we stopped using it a couple of years ago as we were having problems with it.

Is it possible to replace the old hardrive (it's just a MAXTOR IDE drive) with a new one and re-install the Cintech software??

John

No. Cintech wrote their stuff to run on OS/2 Warp. You would need to have at least that on the drive to work. Truthfully, I'm not sure if there is a certain OS/2 Warp version needed to run 3.7 Cinphony or if just a generic version of OS/2 Warp is enough to make it work. There are some old Cintech guys running around and if you could find one, he is worth his weight in gold (the dollar is turning to crap). You could try to hunt down a used NAM with the proper number of channels installed or get the KSU up to 4.1 (I think, some other guys here have the compatability chart memorized) and get a Call Pilot with Call Center on it. What part of the country are you in?

I am actually in the East Coast of Canada. I always found the Cintech ACD worked well(until today!!) and have been told by others in my industry that callpilot is not that good and also does not have the reporting capabilities of Cintechs software.(Although I don't know how true that is!!)

Problem is my Telco sold us the NAM/Cintech software at considerable cost in 2002 promising a long life and support(which they rescinded within 1.5 yrs of selling us the system!!!) so I can't really trust them to offer the best replacement.

I seem to remember a NAM being about $3500 U.S. for two channels and about $1000 for every 2 channel upgrade back in the day. There are two very unorthodox methods I have seen/tried myself. You really can't go wrong, though they are short term solutions most likely. 1- Pull the drive out and whack it with a rubber handled screwdriver (something with weight, but not super hard). This worked quite well on Samsung Starmail drives....and, 2-a friend of mine lost a years work on a drive once. He read about putting it in the oven for 5 minutes @ 200F or something and it worked! We pulled it from the oven, connected it to another machine, and pulled his data from it. See, we phone guys are just like chefs and auto mechanics! Call around to some refurb vendors in the area...you may get lucky. Ebay may be a place to try as well. How many channels was it?

I have to check but either 6 or 8 channels if I remember
correctly.

Have found some NAMS on Ebay and waiting for responses from the sellers.

I was even thinking if I could find an operational hardrive you might be able to use Norton Ghost to transfer the data to a new drive. Don't know if it would work though!

Maybe I would be better off throwing the screwdriver at my Telco Sales Rep!!!! ;>

The NAMS running the Cintech software were notorious for getting cross linked file errors, this is one of the reasons why Nortel stopped selling them. Even if you find a used nam
you will still have to reload the cynphony software and have a
valid keycode to enable it. I am not sure who told you that the callpilot call center application was no good, but if they were recommending trying to cobble a new cynphony together over getting a callpilot they're out of their mind. If you are trying to keep cost down look at a refurbed callpilot 150, it has 8 channels and should do everything you need.

Rick

Thanks Rick

Does Callpilot have the same ACD functions as Cinphony and the ability to provide reports?

Very close you will need a PC to be used as a server for the reporting and real time. plus it will need to be on a network.

After playing around with the CP's for a while, I'm sure you'll like them better. My only gripe is not getting 1000 mb's with the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back