Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cintech ACD (Cinphony)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonboyes

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2002
CA
I want to set up the Infocus software for reporting but I am unable to map the nessecary drive to get it going. I have added all the required services on my 98 machine but the drive still wont map. the ACD has O/S2 for an operating system and I know very little about it.

Please Help,

Jay Rich Cook -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

If you give a few more details, then we can help you out. Map the drive on your PC, or on the NAM?

-Wayne

I need the map the html folder on the NAM. The operating system is O/S2 Warp and the machine I am trying to map it on is WIN98

Jay Rich Cook -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

I'll have to dig out my inFocus manual to see if I can help...

-Wayne

Wayne,

I have dug out the infocus manual and it gave me step by step instructions to set this server up but it only told me to map the drive html from the machine \\NAPPMOD\HTML and I tried that and it comes back with an error 53: No network resource available, I even tried to map with an absolute IP and is gave me the same error. I attempted to create a user to log into the WIN98 machine that matched the user on the NAM (even the same password) still no results. I am really lost and I think my best bet is to call Cintech and pay what ever they want to get it going.

Cintech is pretty good on their service and support - I doubt they would give you a hard time unless somehow it's a pirated copy of the software...

-Wayne

Yeah, those guys over at Cintech are very helpful, I've never had any problems getting support from them. That's just been my experience.

Ok thanks guys its a next week project now

:) Rich Cook -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Stupid question: What software level Infocus are you using? Is it compatible with W98 for sure? Also, when you installed Infocus, were you logged onto the machine, not the LAN? You need to logon as local machine administrator for this to work right, incl the html. Been down that path.. Hope this helps

DeeBeam,

So what your saying is I can not be logged in as a user on the domain? The thing is I should be able to still map the drive right?

Jason Rich Cook -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

A little late but: It seems you need the NetBEUI protocol to map a drive from the ACD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back