Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cinphony ACD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdsitek

Vendor
May 31, 2007
US
Can anyone tell me how to back up all the DAT files to a floppy? Here are the instructions I have:

To back up the system config files and zip up the announcements.

1. Go to REPORTS and then PROCESS DATA <enter> once this finishes press ESC
2. Select DOS SHELL from main menu <enter>
3. Type RENAME ANNCE*.DAT *.ANN <enter> (this will get announcements out of the way)
4. Type COPY *.DAT A:\ <enter> (this will copy all config files)
5. Use a NEW diskette and then type ZIP A:\ANNCE *.ANN <enter> (this will zip up the announcements to the diskette.)
6. Type RENAME *.ANN *.DAT <enter> (this will put announcements back in usable file name)
7. Type EXIT <enter> now bring the system back up and operational.

When I try to do this is starts backing everything up and then tells me there is not enough disk space. Is there a way to get it to copy to multiple floppy's? Or is there another way to do it?

copy *.dat to floppy..since it will prob take more than 1 floppy you will need to make list of all dat files in use..WHere did u get your instructions..did you call cintech support yet...believe announcements ,even zipped will not fit on a floppy...If u go thru config and only copy the ones used it will only take a few floppys anyway...

How do you find out what dat files are in use? The instructions are from Cintech but the customer is not under maintenance with Cintech so they will not support it. Do you know how to copy the announcements?

just copy announcements that are customized and being used...so u must check each group and find out what greetings to copy...as far as rest of dats just copy all...as i said do dir/*.dat for list of all dats.

dats all there is to it

Do you know the steps to copy annoucements one by one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back