Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIL Over Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

trond456

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
AE
Hello,
In one of the sites I have the following print out
<IONCP;
NETWORKING CONNECTION
NODE/IODEV LIM USER TYPE/CON IP PORT PROC

<IONPP;
NETWORK PORT CONFIGURATION DATA
EQU IP GATE MASK ETHERNET
001-3-62-4 192.168.5.51 192.168.5.10 255.255.255.0 00.01.EC.B4.59.FF
END

<CLDFP;
FILE ADMINISTRATION DATA
FILE STATE IODEV USER DEVICE STATE PRIORITY
END

<CLINP;
CALL LOGGING DATA
CALL LOGGING MODE: ACTIVATED
HEADER FORM DMPSIZ DISCR IN SERVICE LOGABN
CLIP1 4 1 0 YES NO
ORIG DIAL TIME
210000 -299999 ALL ALL
310000 -399999 ALL

As you note I dont have network connections initiated for CIL through ioncp; and don't have a certain file for certain file through CLDFP; but the call logging is activated and I can see CIL records on the winfiol window!!!

Could this happen!!! I know CIL over ethernet requires IONCI,CLDFI,CLOHI,CLODI....

did any one try before to get the CIL over ethernet data on the winfiol window??Is there any special configurations

what does EDFIP and EDEQP contain?

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

It seem that you are using SMDR/CIL through V.24 / RS 232.
(i.e. the SIU board).
///doktor

The credit is always for the experts in this forum..Many thanks Whorsedaddy..many thanks Doktor...

Yes, the data is taken from the SIU board the converted to Ethernet using the SNMP Agent.

One more question, that after initiating CIL over Ethernet using NIU...(IOEQI,IONCI,CLDFI,CLOHI,CLODI,CLTGI),

We note that when the network goes down the file status (cldfp) in TSW will be passive.then if the network comes up again The file (through CLDFP;) keeps the status passive which means we won't be able to receive data, unless we remove the CIL and reinitiate it again!!!

did anyone experience in this??

it takes some time, wait 2 minutes and the NIU will reinitiate connection to the server.

Hello Whorsedady,
Sorry to tell you that after the test I verified again that once the file becomes in the passivestat, it won't never back to ready status unless I end the CIL and reconfigure it again!!! Any comments...
I have been in a waiting for the file to come back in ready status for 15 minutes... but it didn't come back , while the network connection is up!!!
Any comments??

mmm,

it should be, what sofware are we talking about (CADAP and CNBIP of the NIU)

/Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back