Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CIFS in Solaris u9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artfulbodger

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
US
Need some assistance here... I have LDAP and Kerberos working on a Solaris u9 box. Works great.

My next item is to get some sharing going with Windows. I am not a fan of Samba, but will resort to it if I have to. However, my understanding is that CIFS won't be available in the kernel until sometime in 2011. In the mean time, I have found reference to two packages: SUNWsmbs and SUNWsmbskr. However, I cannot find these in any repository. I cannot even find the Sol10 Express that is also referenced.

Can someone point me in the right direction or provide a link where I can download these guys? I would love to get Windows sharing going without Samba.

Thanks!

Mrfixit.... I got that link, but it appears I am missing the sun packages to install the CIFS client. I cannot find where I can download those packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back