Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CID on Standard Phone using 206EC?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHicksted

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
PA
Is there anyway for the 206EC to pass the Caller-ID info onto extensions with standard LCD phones attached?

I"m prety sure the answer is no ...but I have been wrong before

I believe the partner modifies the CID signal as a result it can no longer be read by standard CID devices

Hi RHicksted,
Skip555 is right, the Partner systems do not pass caller id on the first pair. This infomation is stripped and sent on the data pair only. I'd like to see that change in future releases as the iP office does sent the caller id on pots ports.
-Chris

no....CID will only show up on partner series phones.....

Well this is what I thought. It seems that it is a simple task to forward the CID info on selected ports so that standard phones with CID displays could be used with the system.

FYI
I have a cordless phone(not transtalk) with CID plugged into my Partner system that I use in the warehouse, it will only ring on transfered calls via Partner Mail, I do not regulaly get CID on it, but once in a while it will pass CID on, the CID log on the phone has about 7 or 8 logs and I have had that phone for about 2 months. Very Weird.

Very interesting....

I have a Panasonic KX-TG2451 2.4G Cordless and after the initial installation there were phone numbers in the log also. Although I have never seen a CID on an incomming call.

I haven't seen any more logs since the phone was initially installed.

How many lines have CID? how many people need to see CID? If only 1 or 2 lines or 1 or 2 people you could install jacks connected directly to the CO lines and buy a couple 1 or 2 line CID units.

Good comments but we have 6 lines all with CID. Several of the lines ring on system pones and the added Cordless phones on alternate extension lines. I can't understand why the CID info is not forwarded to standard phones. Seems like you configure an extension as a standard phone then CID should be forwarded. Also although I never see a CID when answering the cordless, eventually ID's with names are logged on the phone!

is it a two line cordless? Perhaps the phone is picking up something strange from the second "Data" pair on the partner. This could prove to be a good method of rigging, provided that it does not hose up the partner or the phone.

Hi RHicksted,
The Partner Processor would have to store and resend the caller ID info to the pots extension every time the call was transferred, or put on hold and picked up. It does resend that information digitally to system phones, but does not have the circuits required to send it on the tip ring pair. Maybe in a later revision.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back