Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CID on MICS POTS lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcintosh78

Programmer
Aug 3, 2010
US
I have a personal customer that I am trying to wrap up the install of a used MICS, and I am having a hard time with getting CID to come up on IB calls to every set. Lines are POTS.
What am I missing?
All that they are getting is the ID of the individual line displayed on their sets.
Thought I set each Extn with enable CID. Should I be looking for anything else?

You do have caller ID trunk cards? If so, you need at least 6.1 software to allow auto display of caller ID on all sets where lines appear & ring. If software level is OK you assign caller ID under Terminals & Sets - Telco Features - Feature Assign. For each line that appears & rings change Caller ID Set to Y. Under Terminals & Sets - Telco Features change first display to Number and change Called ID to Y. Repeat for each extension

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

I will have to check on the software level and cards.
What are the trunk card model ID that I need to look for?

Assuming you have call display line cards, keep in mind that older (I believe it is pre 6.1) MICS software will only direct automatic CLI information to a single set. Usually one assigns that to the attendant.

Pressing F811 (call information) will allow other users and users who are on their phones to display the CLI information for ringing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back