Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS7 AA CCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickg47

Technical User
Oct 11, 2006
CA
I has been awhile since I have dealt with AA CCR

No voicemail
Just want to answer lies,caller choice to dept
no one answers go back to attendant.
System co-ordinator manual states"It is recommended that CCR
not be programmed to answer lines answered by System answer
at the attendent phone"
I can't remember the relationship of AA & CCR. Do you use one or the
other or both to achieve what I am tryiny to do

AA is Auto Auto Attendant that handles the calls with custom greetings.
CCR is Custom Call Routing that allows you to press a singe digit for more options including a transfer to a set, vmail, info box or another menu with the same.

You can AA alone or AA with CCR.
AA answers the calls (not CCR)
Plain and simple use just AA.
"For Sales press 1, shipping 2, mailing address press 3" etc then use CCR.

I am not so sure the CICS has a "return to auto attendant" feature, the guide might state this but a proper voice mail system you could do so.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I think curlycord missed the fact the you are using the CICS built-in AA, and not a voicemail system.

The AA in the CICS offers 2 features:[ol 1]
[li]System Answer
Calls ringing at the attendant phone are answered with a message similar to "All of our operators are busy. Hold the line and your call will be answered as soon as possible.'[/li]
[li]Custom Call Routing
Calls ringing on specific lines are answered with a message similar to "You have reach our company. For sales, press 1. For accounting, press 2."[/li]
[/ol]

Each feature is independent from the other. System Answer is turned on and off using the Feature *831 code. Custom Call Routing is turned on and off using the Feature *832 code.

The System Coordinator Guide recommends not to use both features at the same time because they can conflict:

System Coordinator Guide said:
If CCR lines ring at the attendant set, CCR and System Answer can conflict.

It seems to me like you only need CCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back