Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS with IRAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roldan

Vendor
Jul 11, 2002
US
Does anybody have problems with dialing into a CICS with an IRAD? I seem to have problems with dialing into these and only these, I never have problems with the FastRads. Sometimes I can connect but seem to get disconnected after a while or I cannot connect at all. I will get a "No Carrier" message from the NRU, any ideas?

Louie Roldan

Are you going in direct connect line answer or operator assisted xfer? I know I have problems with CICS operator assisted xfers. I don’t get that error message...It just does not connect about half the time.

What do you mean there is no way to direct connect? You can program it to answer any line after a certain number of rings, the same way you can with a RAD.

Perhaps my term was not clear- I used the word direct, but the NRU term would be remote.

You are correct, I misunderstood your meaning of "Direct" connect. But I have not set an IRAD with "Remote" connect, at any rate my problem is only with the IRAD on the CICS and never on the Fastrads.

Louie Roldan

I have experienced the same problem. I have also noticed that I have better luck using an older computer to connect to the IRAD.

I was going to try an older laptop with Win98, but was too impatient to wait for the darn thing to boot up. I guess next time I'll give it a try, have either of you tried to contact ITAS regarding this issue?

Louie Roldan

Roldan,

NRU is very "map" specific. Are you sure you have the right map for the version of CICS you are trying to attach to? For instance, I have seen cases where you can connect, then look into the lines section and get disconnected because NRU cant resolve certain parameters properly.

What works for me....

Operator Assisted:
Internal modem (KSU) = FAST, PC modem = highest (try 4800 if trouble).

Soon as you here modem tone click OK and hangup....I do this on the second beep I hear from the modem but with the RAD I wait for 6 beeps before clicking OK.

Make sure your dip switches are ok if using external modem (what I use) and that you are using a clean line and not an ATA off your system.

You try changing Internal = Slow and use a slower setting also but realy shouldnt have too unless your modem is old and using ATA etc.

The answer to your question is BUG.
Are you using 6.1 software on a CICS? If so, the operator transfer into IRAD does not work. Until Nortel fixes the problem the only way to get into the IRAD on 6.1 is to use the LINE ANSWER. Have to change the IRAD programming to answer a specific line. Then dial into it. Then change the programming back if you can't have a dedicated line to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back