Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS with call pilot Link Transfer from AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

maamjr

Technical User
Aug 3, 2012
US
Hey guys,
I am trying to set up a system where the incoming calls can be answered by the AA and then once transfered to an extension it will link flash if the extension has a transfer set. Is there a way to do this?

I have had sucess transfering that caller out using by using transfer on that DN to F4 then 5 then the cell number. However call volume loss is unacceptable and it ties up two trunks. I just want to redirect that line back out to the cell number that extension has it forwarded to. I call AT&T yesterday and set up call transfer disconnect and it is working great. We have been using it all day to let the secretary redirect calls to cell phones as she answers them and it is great call quality and doesnt tie up any lines. But after hours there isnt anyone here to answer and redirect. So can this be accomplished with a simple buttom press and the phone when someone is leaving the office and they want there calls forwarded to there cell phone?

Thanks,
Marty

hawks it s for night time use.

For volume make sure the line cards are Global, it will help.
Ask them to "press 7 if urgent" maybe....not sure the line of work to forward after hours.

Did you try the pauses?>>> I did try a F78 in the dial string. If thats what you mean by pauses.Did not work. Specifically i tried Route 002>dialout: F78#F781XXX-XXX-XXXXF78# as well as 5F78#F781XXX-XXX-XXXX# and 5F78#F781XXX-XXX-XXXXF78#. Still getting cannot be completed as dialed.

Still have dest code 81 set to route 002 and DN forwarded to 81.

My Software version is SP: 30DHC12 NAT

curleycord For volume make sure the line cards are Global, it will help.
What do you mean line cards are global?

hawks> Is this phone always going to be forwarded? if so then do the link transfer right from the CCR Tree.

No what I am trying to accomplish is simply setting up any DN phone set to press a button or two and forward calls to a cell phone when not in the office. But be able to cancel the forward when users are in the office. I have it set up right now using the trunk to trunk method by have the user DN forward by pressing 2 buttons that are programed to get F4>5 then the cell number. Its very user friendly this way but ties up the two lines and unnacceptable call quality. Actually we can hear the caller if were in a quiet office and listening carefully but realistically when it happens is driving down the road with lots of background noise, not to mention my dad being one of users transfered to and he is hard of hearing. No offense to him.

Norstar 4 port LS/DS Global Analog Trunk Card - NT7B69AAAA
or caller id
Norstar 4 port CLID Global Analog Trunk Card - NT7B75AAAE

There was a bulletin where the global cards were supposed to fix low volume issues, however not all worked.

Try and also play with Loss Pkg/ Short or Long CO under Line programming, Long would be best.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

My trunk card says this
NNTM040AUIYZ
NT5B42GA-93
REL 02C MFG 971209

I guess that means there not global?

I checked the Loss pkg and it was set to medium CO so i changed it to Long CO. Will test and see if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back