Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS with call pilot Link Transfer from AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

maamjr

Technical User
Aug 3, 2012
US
Hey guys,
I am trying to set up a system where the incoming calls can be answered by the AA and then once transfered to an extension it will link flash if the extension has a transfer set. Is there a way to do this?

I have had sucess transfering that caller out using by using transfer on that DN to F4 then 5 then the cell number. However call volume loss is unacceptable and it ties up two trunks. I just want to redirect that line back out to the cell number that extension has it forwarded to. I call AT&T yesterday and set up call transfer disconnect and it is working great. We have been using it all day to let the secretary redirect calls to cell phones as she answers them and it is great call quality and doesnt tie up any lines. But after hours there isnt anyone here to answer and redirect. So can this be accomplished with a simple buttom press and the phone when someone is leaving the office and they want there calls forwarded to there cell phone?

Thanks,
Marty

I assume the 9 is the outside dial code. Mine is set up as a 5 if thats what it means. I will try it. Should i just use F4 then 5#xxx-xxx-xxxx# ?

Ok at the extension I want to forward I entered F4 then 5# 1xxx-xxx-xxxx#

I called in from another cell phone, went through the CCR and hit 2 for the extension I am testing and I got the AT&T operator telling me the call cannot be completed as dialed.

I then tried F4 then 5# 1xxx-xxx-xxxx and got the same operator message.

Any ideas what I am missing here?

Well we are not sure it can be done for one.

Try building a route say 002, tell it it to dial out on what every pool you use and try the 5#1xxx-xxx-xxxx or 5#1xxx-xxx-xxxx#.

The create a dest code say 81 and tell it to use route 002.

Test

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I should mention # acts like a link from voice mail
Link is Feature 71 on the phones.

So int the dialing string on the phone system side then # may not act like a link.
See if F71 will insert a link in your dial string.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Ok I set up route 002 and tried a number of combinations like 5#1XXX-XXX-XXXX# and 5#F781XXX-XXX-XXXX# and tried without the last # as well.

I set up destination code 81 to use route 002 on morning,evening,etc.

Then from my DN used F4>81

Tested and when I transfer to my DN I get the operator saying call cannot be completed as dialed.

I think were onto something here but I am missing something small to get this to work.

Does the # basically act like a F71?

I tried to enter F71 in the dialing string. It will take F7 but not the 1. No error just wont take it.

Something to note it will take a F78 in the dialing string when building a dial out route. Just not F71

allworxguy> Do you mean right at the set. I did try to enter that. It will take the F4 but when you hit F71 it clears it out.

Tried to enter it in the dial out and it wont take a F4.

Then my conclusion is it won't work (and didn't expect it to). Work around would be to setup out dial in the voice mailboxes. "Press 7 to be transferred to my cell" and then set up the out dial string #-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Marv

Does the # basically act like a F71?

Yes but per what I said above # is the link when in voice mail programming, we are in phone system programming so # wont work.

An idea might be to try some pauses if it dials to quickly

5P#PXXX-XXX-XXXX

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Is this phone always going to be forwarded? if so then do the link transfer right from the CCR Tree.

I was starting to think this wasnt going to work either. I really dont want to set up press 7 in the VM because customer will use that everytime at there discretion, not mine. I only want calls going to cell phone when we decide.

Is there any way to boost the DB loss when using trunk to trunk to a point that it is acceptable?

hawks it s for night time use.

For volume make sure the line cards are Global, it will help.
Ask them to "press 7 if urgent" maybe....not sure the line of work to forward after hours.

Did you try the pauses?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back