Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cics Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdip257

Technical User
Apr 6, 2007
US
I'm installing a cics sw7.1. In the middle of programming the system locks up and starts flashing on all phones like on start up, called vendor shipped out new software card. Does it again, in middle of programming freezes up and then says cancelled. I shut power off reseated both ampthenol connectors and id cartridge. I can't get the flasing to stop on all phones to allow programming, it just keeps flashing. I installed same unit at another office, both purchased thru same vendor. They are refurbished models. Any suggestion. I do have 2 door intercoms attached to it also. Thanks

ksu could be defective. nvram cart that the s/w card plugs into could be defective. make sure the nvram card is rls 2.

Norstar door phones?

Re-seat all cards (check for any bent pins) and software and make sure PS cord is plugged into KSU ok.
Check or replace fuse at bottom.

Otherwise dud?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Had a similar problem once it turned out that the line card was the issue, changed it and solved the problem

The system has only 2 c.o. lines and a caller id cartridge and 2 door phones and the rest phones. I reseated everything and it just keeps flashing.

I replaced the cabinet last night and worked fine. Only problem is the door phone chimes isn't working. Intercom works good and when called it rings like your calling one of the other stations. I programmed the intercom under F9*4and set the chimes and rings. Anything I missed. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back