Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS Randomly changes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneman1981

Technical User
Aug 16, 2009
US
Hello: I recently installed a used CICS as a temporary band aid to get a customer by until new equipment can be installed. The used system is working just fine. All 8 caller ID lines work. I set the time and date to the correct time and date yesterday, but noticed the time was off by several hours this morning. The date was correct. I set the time again and within 30 minutes the times was again 7 hours fast. Any ideas what is causing this?

It probably has time and date being set by the caller ID turned on and the carrier time is off.

Marv ccna
Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx
Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Hello: Thanks for the hints. Where do I check in the CICS programming to see if the time and date are set by the caller ID info. Thanks in advance.

System Programming > Feature Settings > Auto Time & Date

You want to set the value to No.

Thank you to everyone that replied to this thread. You were absolutely correct. The time and date in the local providers Adtran T924 was not set correct. And the time and date in the Nortel ksu was set for auto time and date. Still learning after all these years. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back