Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS Multiple DN Message Waiting Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

maamjr

Technical User
Aug 3, 2012
US
Thanks in advance for the help guys.
I have a CICS with call pilot. I have a CCR tree set up with option 1 going to HG with four DN's. I've set up a virtual DN voicemail #290 and set up the MB for it. When a call comes in it goes to the HG. If no one picks up it works as it should and leaves a message for that DN MB 290. The problem is it is a virtual MB/DN with no phone connected. I can manually go check it but remembering to do that often, well forget about it. I set up remote notification forwarding it to several DN numbers however it only tries to call that DN and does not leave any visual notification.

Can a message indicator notification be set up for another DN from my virtual DN? I would really like all of the phones in the HG to show that message waiting light for the MB 290, but I may be asking for to much. If this cant be done is there a work-around to accomplish my goal. Just trying to make sure the caller can leave a message in case everyone is busy or out of office and someone know to call them back.

Thanks,
Marty

You can add I think 2 alternate extension for that mailbox that will turn message notification the only thing is they can not already have a MB assigned to it. One MB to a phone.

I suggest you add a mailbox that has the same number as the Hunt Group.
Overflow HG to the DN of the voice mail.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

cook182 -You can add I think 2 alternate extension for that mailbox that will turn message notification the only thing is they can not already have a MB assigned to it. One MB to a phone."

I tried that option but your right, can only have one MB assigned to it. Everyone that needs to have this option already has a MB.

"curlycord -I suggest you add a mailbox that has the same number as the Hunt Group. Overflow HG to the DN of the voice mail."

I created a MB with the same number as the HG, 290. The overflow (in HG programming) is set to 222, which is the DN I want to have the notification show on. However it still pushes the caller to the MB 290.

No, the overflow needs to go to voice mails DN as I indicated....use Feature 985 to see the DN to use.
Once you do that then do as cook states by adding Alternate DN's under F983/MBOX/290/Alt DN, this is where you add 222 and one other.

I think I have made it so that more than 2 work but forget how....maybe it notifies all members of the HG without using Alt DN.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Ok I set the overflow to the voicemails DN 236 (F985 was 236). Under F983 MB 290 I dont see Alt DN, however I see Alt1 ext. Not sure if that is where you mean to add 222? When I try it says ext assigned. Maybe I am missing a step.

All the sets have mail boxes. Are there any other options?

Hang a T series on the wall...it has a red light.

If you remove MB 290 then the call will go to the General Mailbox (reception) if activated....reception could then copy the message to another mailbox

Overflow to the HG to the leader of the HG's DN

Off Premise Notify (remote notification)
Did you enter 290 as the called DN?
Are people not answering the call?

Maybe you need Call Center application if these users are trying to play agents.
Callpilot has a basic one built in.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

The basic problem is there isn't always someone to answer the phone. Maybe there out in the plant for a few minutes, not at work yet, etc. Also at times there is only 1 person in the office to take calls. That sales rep sometimes is on a call for several minutes and misses several calls.

Great idea about hanging a phone near the receptionist. However the receptionist isn't always here. Probably more of a personnel issue than a phone issue. I am trying to figure an acceptable work around.

Did I enter 290 as the called DN where?

I think I have went as far as I can go trying to handle calls in the way I am wanting. I am starting to think that call forwarding would be a better option when people are out of office. Maybe link transfer forward (so it doesn't tie up 2 lines). You have helped me with the link transfer before and it works when a person sets there station to call forward. I am wondering though, when one of the DN's in HG 290 sets to call forward what will happen. Maybe a little testing is in order.

Thanks again,
Marty

I am wondering though, when one of the DN's in HG 290 sets to call forward what will happen. Maybe a little testing is in order.

HG do not follow the call forwarding rules. It has it's own based on the overflow setting.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back