Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS MOH not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshah010

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2011
Hey guys,

Quick question for you. I recently put in a CICS nortel system in my office and punched down a 3.5 mm (stereo) male audio cable to the 23rd pair, I'm feeding the audio through an iPod.

Now when I enable music on the phones, [Feat 86], it comes through crystal clear to all of the phones...

When I call the phones and try to put myself on hold for a brief second I hear the music, then one of two things happen; either I hear static and no music, or the music cuts in and out at a very low volume with static in the background. I did try to reverse the polarity and alter the volume on the iPod to no avail.

[The settings for MOH are enabled properly to the best of my knowledge]

I'm not sure what would cause something like this, I tried searching but couldn't really find anything too useful. I did see that some people said iPod's won't work, as they are not outputting 600 ohms but others said iPods / Zunes worked just fine for them so I'm at a loss... any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

if your getting music with f86 then the ipod is fine
is it happening on 1 line or all lines
it could be the trunk card

mike

It is happening on all 4 lines regardless of if I call from a landline or a cell... Any ideas how I can check the trunk card? or if anything else could be wrong?

try using a stereo to mono adapter

WORK SMART NOT HARD

Tried the stereo to mono today, no luck

try a bogen wmt matching transformer. it converts 8 ohm to 600 ohm so it will match the moh input on the phone system

WORK SMART NOT HARD

But would that help since I can already hear it clearly with F86?

Sounds like a software glitz. If you hear background music it it on the system. Check the programming you can have background music and not MOH they are 2 different settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back