Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS IRAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

safecam

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
CA
To set up IRAD with a CICS......what is needed to enable it.
What Rem package do I select...should I set it up to answer the last line.
When I give a package it gives options on selecting Line pool remote admin, remote page,remote monitor..they are set to No.Do I have to turn any on?

thanks

Just as long as you have IRAD supported within your CICS system sw, then the IRAD is turned on. The default password is the system ID. Feature 817 remotely gets you in.

yes it is supported...do I have to tell IRAD which line to answer then?

thanks

you can asign a line/ have a DID ringing on IRAD or do an operator assited login to the IRAD

Bcpaul Nyc
New york

what is your SP version number?

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

6.1 CICS + NRU10 ...i can get the autoanswer to work ...but not the operator assisted transfer ... i get a continuous beep (as opposed to the modem handshake)
anyone has experience this?

(using the same modem i can do a assisted logininto a MICS/RAD)

No, I mean what is the SP number when you go into maintenance->System Version->SP:

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

OK that is 6.1 standard s/w with IRAD enabled and auto attendent enabled,

If you go into System Programming->remote access or between remote access and Rec'd # L:ength->answer line-> Select the line you want the IRAD to answer and the number of rings in AFTER

You will need the serial number of the CICS as the password.

you can test the number answering by calling the line you assign and let it ring the appropriate number of times.

test the password by trying to log in either remote or with operator assist.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back