Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS External Call Forward problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arr

Vendor
Oct 24, 2001
CA
Wow it's been a long time since I've posted here. Glad this site is still up and vibrant!!

Situation:
Norstar CICS Rel. 6.0 unexpanded
Call Pilot 100 3.1
2xCLID trunk cards
12 sets 10 are M7310's Rls 16 or better
IATA unused
Four copper loop CO's incl 3 line overline & single loop w/real numbers each and call transfer (hookflash transfer) feature from Telco.

Problem:
The system won't properly execute an "automatic" external transfer through F4 & routing. This takes two buttons. Route 000 set up (but also set up & tried Rt 001 with same neg results), access code set up, line pool for 3 line overline setup, set relocation = Y, host timer 1000 and link timer 600.

What happens is that any link (F71) transfer executed by the CP100 works fine. Doing a manual transfer from a phone works fine - (flash - dial target digits - flash hangup - call goes through and lines properly drop). BUT when I set this up on a speed dial button (upper button field M7310) as Rte Code - Intercom - F71 F78 xxx xxx xxxx F78 F71 (which is exactly - except F78) how it is hand dialed, the call dials out, rings the target phone once then drops both in bound caller, target phone and then drops the loops in the CICS. I think I've tried every combination of pauses, flash and even F*89 which will hang up the call as if it were a finger on the Rls button.

I don't think it's a Telco problem, I don't think it's a set problem but I'm not sure where to go from here. Line cards? Something slowly melting on the mother board? The customer activated Musical Phones (set relocation) and has some occasional cross link errors showing up but the stated Ext CFWD problem is consistent and repeatable.

Thansk for any suggestions.

Cheers
Arrr rrrrr

"..second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.."

VVV

Arr you kidding me????
Hope all is well on the west.

I am not sure where I see you used or programmed 2 buttons....looks like only 1?
Can you be more specific on what is on each program (and what feature code to start) and how you forward the phone before walking away?

Suspicious: "Rte Code - Intercom -"
Not sure how intercom comes into play.

When you say in your route "F71" are you actually using # instead?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

You didn't mention in your setup:

Allow Redirect = Y on the phone
and
Line Supervision = Y

Both required for F4 transfer.

Marv ccna

Curly, ah. See your point. Perhaps I was conflating two procedures. I did not try without adding "intercom". Darn. Rusty. I was not using # but inserting F71 which then displays the special character for Link. All is... well? Out west. Remodeled myself into an alternate energy weenie. But have a couple of Norstar customers who have my cell phone number.

Redirect = Y & loops are supervised... # on CP100 for Link/Flash; F71 on the KSU...

Process is to program F4 on one button, then program the target number incl special characters on another button, then press F4 and the 2nd button in two successive actions. Pretty much exactly as done in the FAQ.

Thanks for the suggestions. I won't get back to site for a week or so. But I still wonder if there's anything else happening inside the magic box.

Cheers
Arr

VVV

Edit: I have just seen your reply while I wass slowly writing mine so thanks for clarifying
I will search for that FAQ you speak of, guessing one Melissa did.
End of edit

I am seriously confused over the post, I tried another coffee....with Baileys, no go! I'm still out to lunch!

"The system won't properly execute an "automatic" external transfer through F4 & routing."
I have to assume you mean Call Forward and not External Transfer since you mention the word "Automatic"

Call Forward
When using F4 you may enter only digits, you cannot add a feature code.
Forwarding to a Dest Code:
The DialOut in the Route will not allow for Link (F71)

So I am saying you cannot forward a phone using the carriers Link/Flash option.

External Transfer:
Human action, cannot be "Automatic"

Program an External Auto Dial (Not a Speed Dial)
String:
Centrex: F71 F78 XXX-XXX-XXXX F71 (Link Pause Number Link)
Other platforms that allow Call Transfer as they call it: F71 F78 XXX-XXX-XXXX F*98 (Link Pause Number Release)

Process:
While on the call press only your Auto Dial, hang up.

"The DialOut in the Route will not allow for Link (F71)"
This can be done with "Private Branch" not sure how though.
I have never done or tried any workaround but it does piss me off why Link cannot be used in the "Public" route.

Outta Ammo!

But hope it helped

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Curly,

Either you had too much Bailey's or too little - I can't tell...

Indeed it is an MR FAQ:
Followed to the letter.... almost apparently. I'm really thinking you nailed it right off in your first reply - in that I used the intercom key as an insertion into the F1 speed dial button. I won't be able to test for a bit but I will certainly reply here.

Good to chat again.
Cheers
Arr

VVV

Hi Curly, All,

I finally got beck to site today.

A whole wac more time in on the problem leads me to think it is simply not possible to do the way I want. The process as described by MR in the FAQ works fine but uses two CO loops until the call is over. OK if there are lots of lines available but not so good if there are only three or four overlines to begin with.

What I wanted to do was to use "call transfer/centrex transfer" special programming to make the outbound call and then release the incoming CO. BUT although F71 - and subsequent dial string may be programmed onto a button, pre-pressing F4 and then the F71 dial string programmed button just me-maws back as an invalid number.

Cheers
Arr

VVV

You don't need to press transfer first.

Just hit your speed dial button. F71 (link) F78 (Pause)YYY-XXX-XXXX

Marv ccna

We all agree that you cannot do a Link using External Call Forward because the Routes do not except Link in it's string unless as said it's a "Private Branch"

The only work arounds for External Call Forward might be:
Utilize the External Transfer from the mailbox where you direct callers to press 7.

Maybe CCR might help...if it's an exec.
Example 224
Path 2 = Menu
Path 22 = Menu
Path 4 = External Transfer

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Alworx, Curly,

Already went to MBX ext transfer using 7. Was hoping to by-pass the mbx step. An external speed dial button when programmed with F71, F78 xxx xxx xxxxx F78 F71 can't be used in conjunction with F4. Doesn't matter if a route is specificed or Intercom. I now suspect it is because F4 external transfer looks for a second line - something neither external transfer option on a VM need to do. The F4 attempt will successfully dial the target number but won't connect the two calls unless using redirect with that 2nd line.

Anyway customer happy. I'm headed home to my next fuss. Anyone know where I can find some ITW Linx ML25 235v clamping circuit boards?

Cheerios
Arr

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back