Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS Errors 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2008
US
I had to move my TEST server which house my TEST instance of Ellipse to a different physical location. This meant an IP change for the server. How do I get CICS to recognize the new IP address and connect? I can bring up the server and the database but when I attempt to log into Ellipse from the Termserv I get the following error -

CTG Error - cics server or client not active in tp_Recv - ECI_GET_SPECIFIC_REPLY, Code=AZ14.

Did you modify the CTG.INI file in the CICS bin directory? You'll also have to restart the CICS service on the Desktop to pick up the change.

Thanks gbell. That was a huge find and did potentially solve another problem I was having with CICS in my production environment.

I had not modified the CTG.INI file. Once modified the error still exist. I am not sure where else to look for the IP at this point. Is there anything that would be stored in a database someplace that would specify the IP address?

I inherited this system a little over a year ago and have had to learn everything by trial and error. I am not at all familiar with all the middleware pieces of this product. Any other suggestions or comments are more than welcome.

I did restart the service. However, I didn't reboot the server.

I'm assuming you're running Ellipse from UNIX. Did you change the ip address in /etc/hosts?

We run in a windows server 2000/2003 world. The Ellipse server itself is the 2000 box and the Termserv is a 2003 server box. It is the 2003 box that I see the old IP address through a cics terminal window. It is trying to connect to the original IP address. I just don't know how to get anything done inside of CICs short of just opening that window to see how it is connecting.

I'm not familiar with Ellipse runnings under Windows but there is another place you can check. Run msqcpl.cpl in the Program Files\Mincom\Ellipse\WinView\Bin direcory and check Login Defaults under Ellipse UI Login properties.

It has to be a problem with the CICS Transaction Gateway configuration on the terminal server. It is better to use hostnames instead of ip addresses everywhere in Ellipse so you don't have to change this sort of thing in the future. If hostnames aren't resolving through DNS for some reason, add them to %SYSTEMROOT%\drivers\etc\hosts

To troubleshoot this, make sure you have modified the CTG.INI file either manually or through the CTG configuration tool. Open a cmd windows, and run cicscli /S=SERVERNAME where SERVERNAME is the name you gave the CICS region in the CTG.INI file. Next run cicscli /L and see if the server is active.

If it isn't, look at the CICSCLI.log that is in the CTG bin directory(same directory as CTG.INI). It should tell you what the problem is.

The other places where you might have hardcoded IP addresses would be in the batch and database configuration, all of which is accessible through the EAC.

Andrew Gram
Shavano Consulting, LLC

Andrew,

Thanks so much for the info. I ran the commands and was able to discover where my problem existed. The system is now back up and running. I appreciate your help and info very much.

Thanks a million.

Suzan Hardesty
The T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back