Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS changing time randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCC1Tech

Programmer
Mar 30, 2006
US
I have a CICS that is reverting back to March 4th randomly. We can reset the time/date in the system and within 30 minutes it goes back to March. The days are counting up - it started reverting to March 3rd, then the next day March 4th. Anytime we change it to the correct date - it takes about 30 minutes and goes back to March.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Is there a fix?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Thank you for the idea. We do not have the time set via caller id. I checked with the phone co too just in case. Any other ideas?

So you are saying you went into System Programming and changed the default setting that sets time from the phone company?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Of course, this depends on your software release.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Well, since two of you said this, I called the carrier again and got a rep who knew of this kind of issue. He said a lot of reps aren't aware of this. He found the issue in their router and that fixed the issue.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back