Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CICS CALLER ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdip257

Technical User
Apr 6, 2007
US
The customer has a portable phone in front of the old 616. I'm going to install a cics with 7.1 sw. They have caller id on the portable, they want to keep the portable for the emergency phones, will this affect the caller id to the other phones, or should I connect the portable to the emergency phone connection. They like to see all the caller id from telco like name/number all together. if I connect it to the emergency coonection will they lose all caller id features, or will they get name or just number if connected to system. Thanks

When the system is off, line 2 rings to the ET ports. Your caller ID should go through.

I'd recommend just jumpering out line 1 to a jack somewhere, though. I don't know why Nortel picked line 2 for the ET set. Most users would rather use their main line.

I'm going to have to keep it in front of the system to maintain line 1, since the et port is line 2. This shouldn't affect caller id thru the system then. Thanks

This is a Dr's house, they have 2 new t7406e phones, the house is 20,000 sq feet. They use all 16 stations.

The portable outside the system is connected to their caller id and answering machine, that says the name and number when calling, it amazing how it works, thats why they want to keep it. If I leave outside I want to make sure the caller id goes thru the ics correctly to all phones, wireless and regular phones. Thanks

No problem. I never use the et ports. It makes more sense to me to half tap the lines in question. If the KSU gets blown out, and you've got to remove it, at least you still have a live jack to dial out from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back